WELCOME TO COMPASS Nambour!
Compass Nambour is a brand new Campus, which opened its doors in May 2021.
What was previously our Palmwoods Campus, relocated to this new space, which is in the heart of the Nambour CBD at C-Square.
The new premises opens up many additional opportunities for those attending, including a significantly larger and more functional space, new programs to be offered using the improved facilities, access to a multitude of local allied health practitioners and services, and community and public engagement opportunities within the C-Square and broader Nambour community.
Compass’ brand new social enterprise retail store, Wabi Sabi Creations, is also positioned across the courtyard at C-Square, offering fantastic opportunities for collaborative programs and pathways across premises.
Nambour is undergoing a revitalisation and is energised to support new growth – and Compass is excited to be part of this journey moving forward!
WHAT WE OFFER
At Compass Nambour, our Trainees are supported through a structured Learning and Development program, which covers key elements including Life and Socials Skills, Independent Living Skills, Literacy and Numeracy, Work Readiness and Travel Training.
Nambour also offers a number of diverse creative and skill-building activities, including:
- Food Preparation Programs – focused on developing independent living skills, food safety awareness and hygiene, cooking skills and expanding healthy diet choices. Our program includes grocery shopping and money management.
- Yoga and Mindfulness – programs designed to focus on mindfulness, meditation and listening skills
- Music Therapy – Music therapy is a research-based practice and profession, in which music is used to actively support people as they strive to improve their health, functioning and well-being. Our program includes exploration of musical instruments, dance and singing.
- Health and Fitness – including Yoga, Basketball, Swimming and Walking Warriors, with a focus on improving cardiovascular exercise, co-ordination and health.
- Aikido – A modern Japanese martial arts practice, which promotes controlled relaxation, correct movement of joints such as hips and shoulders, flexibility and endurance.
- Community Engagement – including visiting the local libraries, community gardens and integration activities across other Compass campuses and social enterprises.
INTERESTED IN JOINING COMPASS NAMBOUR?
We believe in the power of structured learning and creating meaningful opportunities for continuous development and growth. We also believe that each person has unique passions, talents and abilities, and pride ourselves on offering as many diverse opportunities as possible to help nurture these.
Compass Nambour is growing and can support a large number of Trainees on a daily basis. Our learning and development and skills-based training programs are tailored to the goals, capabilities and passions of each new Trainee that joins.
There’s a world of opportunity at Compass Nambour! Contact us to find out more about whether this is the Campus for you.
C-Square, 53-64 Currie St, Nambour, QLD 4560
Mon – Fri (9:00am – 3:30pm)
Tel: (07) 5445 9116